Bob’s offers comingled or mixed service, so there is no need to separate.
Currently accepted materials:
- Glass bottles and jars: Food and beverage containers only Prep: Rinse clean
- Plate Glass: Windows, door, etc.. Prep: If broken place in paper bag or cardboard box, seal with tape and label broken glass
- Aerosol cans: Cans must be empty Prep: Do not puncture cans
- Aluminum: Cans, foil, and pie plates Prep: Rinse clean and crus
- Metal cans: Pet and people food Prep: Rinse clean. Labels OK, Lids OK placed inside cans, crush
- Plastic #1 and #2: Minimum size: 2" on any 2 sides. Maximum size: 2' on any one side. Bottles & jugs for foods, beverages, beauty, and cleaning products, detergents, etc. No Styrofoam or plastic bags! Prep: Rinse clean
- Boxboard: Cereal, shoe, and clothing boxes, 6 and 12 pack soda and beer carriers, paper egg cartons, dry-food boxes (pasta, rice, etc.), tissue boxes, paper towel and toilet paper cores, etc. Preparation: Empty and flatten, Remove and discard plastic liners
- Corrugated cardboard: Boxes with a wavy center layer Prep: Empty and flatten, Cut to 36”x36” or smaller, Staples, tape, and labels OK.
- Envelopes & opened mail: White, manila, colored, gummed, and window envelopes. Prep: Remove non paper enclosures (e.g., CDs, plastic cards, etc.), and strings. Labels OK.
- Magazines, catalogs, & soft-cover books: Glue or staple-bound publications, paperback books, phone books, etc Prep: Must be cleaned and dry
- Newspaper: All sections and inserts Prep: Must be clean and dry, Remove from plastic bags, Do not tie with string.
- Paper bags: All colors Prep: Remove twine and plastic handles.
- Shredded paper: Confidential documents Prep: Place in clear plastic bags and tie bag shut.
- White & colored paper: Printed, letterhead, copier paper, glossy flyers & brochures, file folders, kraft paper, manilla folders, index cards, construction paper, non-metallic wrapping paper, tissue paper & cards Prep: Must be clean and dry. Remove plastic tabs, paper clips & metal hanging-file strips. Staples OK.
Learn more about recycling at www.earth911.com